The German Shorthaired Pointer, or GSP, is an exceptionally versatile hunting dog that was developed in Germany in the 19th century. Like all pointer breeds, GSPs are very capable of spotting and quietly drawing attention to their quarry. Due to the inclusion of breeds like Bloodhounds and English Pointers, however, GSPs are also excellent trackers who are both fast and agile when pursuing game. This is a boisterous breed that craves interaction from its human companions, making the dogs unparalleled as companions for large and active families.
These dogs are extraordinarily active and outgoing, and without enough vigorous exercise and regular training sessions, their delightful energy can develop into destructive hyperactivity. This book will provide you with all the tools you need to keep your German Shorthaired Pointer entertained and engaged from his first days at home until his final years. Packed with essential knowledge about the GSP, this guidebook will answer all of your most pressing questions, including:
- Is a German Shorthaired Pointer the right breed for me?
- How do I choose the perfect canine companion for my household?
- Which training methods are most effective for GSPs?
- How do I avoid or extinguish common problem behaviors?
The Complete Guide to German Shorthaired Pointers is an all-encompassing manual to your affectionate and eccentric canine companion. Veterinarian Dr. Jo de Klerk thoroughly covers all aspects of these well-rounded hunting hounds, including their history, temperament, and health. Pet parents who choose to share their life with an enthusiastic German Shorthaired Pointer will treasure the indispensable information found in these pages about the history, temperament, and health of their precious pooch. Find out everything you need to know about these captivating canines and explore wide-ranging subjects, including:
- The history of the German Shorthaired Pointer
- Common behavior problems for German Shorthaired Pointers
- How to select the right GSP pup or rescue dog for you
- Preparing your home for a lively hunting dog
- How to introduce your GSP to children and other animals
- Step-by-step guidance for basic training commands
- Training your German Shorthaired Pointer for fieldwork
- Traveling with your German Shorthaired Pointer
- Nutrition, diet, and your GSP
- German Shorthaired Pointer-specific health and wellness information
- Caring for the aging German Shorthaired Pointer
Whether you are looking for a skilled hunting dog or a demonstrative companion animal, the German Shorthaired Pointer is likely to perform admirably. This comprehensive guidebook provides all the tips and techniques needed to ensure that your playful GSP pup gets all the mental stimulation, physical exercise, and attention he needs to grow into a confident and well-behaved adult.
This thorough guidebook is an essential piece of literature for anyone who loves German Shorthaired Pointers.
There are no reviews yet.