“An amazing and informative book for Beagle owners and not just first time Beagle owners! Helpful, interesting and I would definitely recommend it as a guide for raising your Beagle puppy.” Beth Forbey – Beagle owner
Beagles are classic hound dogs with a long history of popularity as animal companions. Though they’ve grown in size since our ancestors hunted with these dogs, they’ve continued to be loyal, expressive, curious, and intelligent companions to their human pack mates. This guide outlines the long, rich history of this majestic breed and provides information to ensure a continued long and happy future for the breed.
Thinking of adding a Beagle to your family? Make sure you know the difference between the two varieties of Beagles first.
Have you recently taken the plunge and got one of these beautiful hounds? Learn exactly what you need to know to ensure your pup’s transition into its new home is seamless.
From the first few days of being an anxious new pup parent to the many mornings filled with playful (but loud) howling, this book will guide you on every step of your journey as a Beagle owner and make sure you survive the first year of training this sometimes-stubborn dog breed.
This book is your go-to source for :
- Choosing the right Beagle for you and your family
- Making your Beagle feel at home
- Keeping your Beagle healthy
- Ensuring safety and fun during playtime
- Keeping your Beagle looking its best
Learn exactly what you need to know to keep your Beagle fit and healthy. These pups are prone to obesity and need to be trained with food. Inside these pages are the training methods you need to be sure your Beagle is as hardy and well-trained. Chapters include basic and advanced topics such as:
- What to know before choosing a Beagle
- Choosing a Beagle
- Preparing your Home for your Beagle
- Bringing Home your Beagle
- Being a Puppy Parent
- Socializing with People and Animals
- Beagles and Your Other Pets
- Physical and Mental Exercise
- Training your Beagle
- Playtime with your Beagle
- Basic Commands
- Dealing with Unwanted Behaviors
- Traveling with Beagles
- Grooming your Beagle
- Basic Health Care
- Advanced Beagle Health and Aging Dog Care
Beagles are incredibly smart dogs, so make sure you’re prepared to creatively combat their naturally mischievous nature and avoid having a misbehaved dog with the behavioral information and tips written for Beagle owners by a Beagle owner.