“If you are new too, or are a current parent, of this great little breed, this book will give you the guidance and knowledge to raise a happy, healthy, and well-trained Chiweenie.” Tami Kuipers, mom to Sadie the Chiweenie
With such short legs and tiny paws, you might be surprised just how much energy a Chiweenie can hold. But just like how the tantalizing combinations of a Mexican Hotdog or a German Taco leave your ears perked, this perfect blend of a Dachshund and a Chihuahua is always trying to constantly grab your attention—and succeeding.
Regardless of its short stature, the big heart of the Chiweenie is what helped this breed become recently popular in the U.S. and also gain its (unofficial) title of one of the cutest mixed breeds around.
Whether you are researching backgrounds for this toy breed or this pup has already found his or her way into your home (and right into your heart), you might be in the market for some guidance. Topics covered include:
- Is a Chiweenie the right dog for me?
- Should I buy from a breeder or adopt from a rescue?
- I brought my Chiweenie home. What now?
- How can I best train my Chiweenie?
- What are some common mistakes should I avoid?
Whether you are a veteran or novice Chiweenie owner, there will be something for everyone in this book. Chapters include all the basics such as:
- Chiweenie History
- Choosing your Chiweenie
- Preparing your Home for your Chiweenie
- Bringing Chiweenie To His or Her Forever Home
- Being a Puppy Parent
- Socializing with People and Animals
- Chiweenies and Your Other Fur-Babies
- Keeping Your Chiweenie Fit: Physical and Mental Exercise
- Nutrition Tips for Your Chiweenie
- Grooming Your Chiweenie
- Caring for Your Chiweenie
Every dog owner wants to give your dog his or her best life. But being an owner of this mighty and mini breed is not all smooth sailing (especially since most Chiweenies are water-shy). This guide can also help you through the ruff times and with the obstacles that come along with raising a pup of your own.
Whether it was your Chiweenie’s floppy ears that won you over or its almond-shaped eyes, a life with this mixed breed can be full of love, laughter, and a whole lot of wiener jokes!